First of all, if you’re a screenwriter living in Ottawa, this is a mandatory event. If you didn’t know about The Writer’s Room Ottawa, we apologize. It’s probably because our memo man forgot to inform you. Or he was killed in a dark alley by a jealous poet.
The Writers’ Room Ottawa is held at the Carleton Tavern, upstairs, the 3rd Sunday of each month from 2 to 4 pm. The Carleton Tavern is located at the corner of Parkdale and Armstrong in Hintonburg.
Check out our Monthly Agenda’s.
You can also find us on Facebook.
Guidelines for script review:
- Four scripts will be reviewed at meetings that are designated for script review.
- An agenda of scripts for review will be posted here and on Facebook the day after the script submission deadline.
- Deadline for script upload is one week prior to the meeting to allow everyone to have enough time to read and provide suitable feedback.
- Scripts can be uploaded to the Google Docs portal, and will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis, as long as they are received by the deadline. If fewer than four scripts arrive, we can decide to give more feedback or discuss other things at the meeting. The goal of this group is to foster screenwriting as a craft.
- Only those active participants in the group will receive access to the script repository to be fair and transparent to the screenwriters who submit them for review.
Do you need access to the script portal? Send an email indicating your interest to join the Google Docs portal to — email@example.com